On Rick Springfield’s current Stripped Down tour, he returns to the stage after the show to answer questions from the audience. How cool is that?
Before it starts, a moderator lays down the rules: Ask questions, but do not ask for an autograph or for a photo. It’s also not a time for statements, only questions.
The rules sound reasonable but in the shows I have seen ( only one in person, the others online or on TV), people ignore them. And I don’t blame them, how many times does one get a chance to speak directly to RS? It has the potential to turn you into a babbling idiot (see previous post).
Anyway, since there is limited time for questions after each show, I thought I would share some of the answers I have heard so we can get them out of the way and make time for new questions. Thankfully he addresses the question of “Was there really a Jessie’s Girl?” in the show so that one doesn’t need to be addressed.
1. General Hospital: No, he has no plans to go back on the show. He might consider it in the future if something came up but that was a long time ago and he is busy with lots of other things now.
2. What is his favorite dessert? Red wine.
3. What does he like to do when he’s not touring? Stay home with his family.
4. When is his new album scheduled to come out? This summer. (Update as of Nov. 1, 2015: February 2016)
5. Will there be a sequel to “Magnificent Vibration”? He’s working on it.
6. When is his movie coming out? Aug. 7.
7. If you could tour with any current artist, who would it be? Paul McCartney.
Feel free to add more in the comments.
Questions I would like to ask:
1. Do you read Facebook posts and tweets from your fans?
2. Are you planning to write a follow-up to your autobiography?
3. If you could travel back in time, what would you say to your 17-year-old self?
4. Have you read the RSCrush blog?
What would you ask?