The first review of “Rocket Science” came out a few days ago so I thought I’d include a link to that, here, too, especially because it includes a few lines of lyrics of one of the new songs on the new CD: “We Connect.”
It’s a very positive review (Melodicrock.com) and provides some clues to what the new CD sounds like: Rick Springfield delivers songwriting masterclass with ‘Rocket Science.’
And here’s a clip from a rehearsal from January when RS and his band were working on “Let Me In” (That song was a bonus track on “Songs for the End of the World.”)
So here’s what we have so far:
- The actual recording of “Light This Party Up.”
- The live version of “Down” plus bits of the recorded version after the lights go on after a concert.
- The previous version of “Let Me In” (great song).
- A few lines of lyrics from “We Connect.”
- A mention in an interview that “All Hands on Deck” is a patriotic song.
So now there are nine songs that are complete mysteries (the 8 others on the album plus a bonus track on the mp3).
And yes, I do realize that this probably stretches “fan” into “fanatical,” but one of the reasons I started this blog was because this is the kind of stuff that goes on in my head and it’s a way to not drive those around me crazy by actually talking about it.
Perhaps I should take the fact that my keyboard keeps freezing up as I write this as a hint that I should just stop now so I’ll go ahead and do that.