Sometimes it seems like Google has all the answers to the mysteries in the universe.
Here’s what I found today:
Is this the original version of (I Wish I Had A) Concrete Heart?
Recap to RS’s RS:
1. Light This Party Up: single released
2. Down: played live in concert, recorded version after the lights go on at the concert (Written in the middle of an ice storm on a stranded tour bus’with Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus)
3. That One: Still a mystery
4. The Best Damn Thing: Still a mystery
5. Miss Mayhem: a “blues-infused rocker,” on which he collaborated with indie artist Tad Kubler of the band The Hold Steady.
6. Pay It Forward: Still a mystery
7. Found: Still a mystery
8. Crowded Solitude: Still a mystery
9. Let Me In: a “sensitive ballad” that was a bonus track on “Songs for the End of the World”
10. All Hands on Deck: “anthemic”
11. We Connect: A few lyrics are in an article on MelodicRock.com.
12. (I Wish I Had A) Concrete Heart: See above
13. Earth to Angel: Still a mystery
Bonus track on MP3: Beautiful Inside: Still a mystery
On a side note, for the first time in more than 12 years, I played one of my songs out in public tonight, at an open-mic type of program – two mics, actually, one for me and one for my guitar. Since it’s Hanukkah, I played “Shine Your Light.” Although I was kind of dreading it – I’m more of a “behind-the-scenes” kind of person – I was glad I did it. Would this had ever happened if I didn’t come across that Rick Springfield interview on PBS last year? I don’t know.